Coming to the hospital
When you are admitted, an admitting representative will ask you to complete and sign several forms, including a consent form for hospital admission and medical treatment, and a financial form, which, among other things, allows Kauno klinikos to bill your insurance carrier directly.
- Pyjamas (if you do not wish to wear the provided patient gown).
- A robe and slippers (Slippers are not provided, but may be purchased in the gift shop.)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Comb or brush, non-electric shaving equipment, and cosmetics.
- Eyeglasses, dentures, or hearing aids, and their respective containers (labeled).
- A list of all medications (prescription and over-the-counter) that you take, with dosage and frequency information.
- Your social security number, your insurance information (name of carrier, policy number, card), and pre-certification (in writing) from your health insurance company.
- Large amounts of money
- Electrical devices, such as laptop computers, cellular phones, and hair dryers
Most people want to know about visiting times. Usually there will be signs providing this information. Ask any staff member if you do not see the sign or want to know more.
Your physician will decide the actual day of your discharge depending on your physical condition and other needs. Your physician will notify you and other members of the health-care team in advance of your expected discharge date.
Your doctor and nurse will give you instructions and talk to you about your post-hospital care. If you have any questions about your diet, medications, activities or anything else, please be sure to ask a member of your health care team before you leave the hospital. Your care team will also give you contact information if you have questions about your care after your departure
Whether you seek specialized medical treatment in Lithuania, or an advice from healthcare professionals, Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Kauno klinikos is fully prepared to meet any of your needs.